MANY MILESTONES ACHIEVED, MANY AWARDS
A sustainable development pioneer, SOBAC has become a respected player in efforts to promote soil health and natural fertility. As long ago as 1998, SOBAC appeared in the ADEME Guide* as the only ecosystem for agriculture and plants.
As a member of the international ADEME club,* SOBAC, along with MEZAGRI,** was in 2015 the only enterprise in the agricultural sector to showcase Marcel Mézy Technologies, Bactériosol and Bactériolit, at COP 21 Paris as unique solutions in France, for carbon storage and the fight against global warming in agriculture. Many international delegations showed strong interest in trialling them in their countries.
They were also selected by the "4 for 1000" initiative *** launched by the French government on 1st December 2015 at COP 21.
In the meantime, the company has won numerous environmental, agricultural and economic awards regionally and nationally.
*Agence de l'environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'énergie Guide "Conception de produits et environnement, 90 exemples d'éco-conception"
**Les Technologies Marcel Mézy® are developed by MEZAGRI
***Soils for food security and climate.
NATIONAL AND REGIONAL AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONs
- 2005 : Selected as pilot company for the introduction of a sustainable development standard (in partnership with the French standards association AFNOR and the Midi-Pyrénées regional chamber of commerce and industry [CCI]).
- 2006 : "Environment & Enterprise" Prize
- 2006 : Sustainable development grant (2 competitions organised by Aveyron district council), obtains ISO9001 and 14001 certification for the Futuragri production plant.
- 2009 : Bactériosol receives the Ecoproduct Gold award*.
- 2011 : Bactériolit receives the Special Jury award**.
- 2012 : SOBAC wins the Grand Prize for Sustainable Development (awarded Monday, 17 December 2012 as part of the 4th edition of Grand Prizes in economics organized by the economics magazine Objectif News).
- 2013 : SOBAC wins the national "Green Business" Prize (awarded 21 October 2013 in Paris by L'Express and the firm Ernst & Young as part of "2013 Entrepreneur Prizes of the Year").
- 2013 : SOBAC receives Gold Medal from France Agricole (awarded to SOBAC for Bactériolit in the social category on 9 September 2013 in Rennes by La France Agricole et l’Éleveur Laitier).
- 2015 : SOBAC receives "Sustainable Development Prize" (awarded 23 November 2015 in Rodez by CCI Aveyron).
Raymond and Patrick Fabre, Erwan Allain, Jacques Legros and Marcel Mézy.
*Annual challenge organised by Press Group J under the auspices of the Ministry of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development, and Sea, 60 submissions analysed in May 2009 by a jury of 24 sustainable development professionals. 40 submissions analysed in May 2011 by a jury of 29 sustainable development professionals.
** Compost activator Bactériolit by SOBAC, 2011 "Jury Favourite" Eco-Product Award in the Gardening Products category (soil and amendments).
"Farmer and researcher "
This pioneer has only one idea in mind: to give new life to deteriorated soils, often polluted by chemical inputs, so that farmers can regain their autonomy but also their pride by actively participating, at their level, in the protection of the planet. Marcel Mézy likes to repeat this peasant saying: " When humus goes away, humans go away ".